1912-15c. Century Electric Company of St.Louis, Mo., U.S.A. 58" Antique Ceiling Fan, Full Oxide Finish with Factory 6" Light Globe Fitter.
This model was said to move more air "than five 16" oscillating desk fans" in Century company literature from the period. We have never compared it, but it would not be suprising if it did. This model features beautiful styling including an elegantly styled urn shaped oil cup.
The ornamental styled motor housing is fully ventilated with an artistic latticed cast iron top. The styling is magnified by the unique movement of this model. The entire motor housing turns with the ornamental crescent moon shaped blade brackets attached directly to the motor housing.
Vintage Fans.com custom restored this 1912c. Century with the addition of the Century manufactured 6" cast iron globe fitter. This feature typically seen on the later versions of this model, became popular as the school house globe replaced individual "electrolier arms" in preference during the late 20s through the 1940s. Versions of this model with the school house light globe feature are in limited supply. Please contact us for availability.
The features of this model include:
- Dimensions - 14" Length (excluding globe) x 11" diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing Construction.
- Oil Bath Lubrication System Continuously Bathes the Motor Shaft in a Curtain of Oil.
- Thrust Bearing Design is Immersed in Oil at All Times.
- Fully Ventilated Ornamental Motor Housing.
- Urn shaped ornamental oil cup will accept custom light attachment upon request.
- Solid State Speed Control Allows for a Range of Speeds.