1912-15c. Century Electric Company of St.Louis, Mo., U.S.A. 58" Antique Ceiling Fan
This model was said to move more air "than five 16" oscillating desk fans" in Century company literature from the period. We have never compared it, but it would not be suprising if it did. This model features beautiful styling including an elegantly styled urn shaped oil cup.
The ornamental styled motor housing is fully ventilated with an artistic latticed cast iron top. The styling is magnified by the unique movement of this model. The entire motor housing turns with the ornamental crescent moon shaped blade brackets attached directly to the motor housing.
The fan shown in these images was restored in a pewter bronze finish for a client's upscale Miami, Florida home. The features of this model include:
- Dimensions- 10.5" Length x 11" diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing Construction.
- Oil Bath Lubrication System Continuously Bathes the Motor Shaft in a Curtain of Oil.
- Thrust Bearing Design is Immersed in Oil at All Times.
- Fully Ventilated Ornamental Motor Housing.
- Urn shaped ornamental oil cup will accept custom light attachment upon request.
- Solid State Speed Control Allows for a Range of Speeds.