1938c. Emerson Electric Company of St.Louis, MO., U.S.A. 12" Type 77646-AD Vintage Pedestal Stand Fan.
Pedestal Stand Fans became popular during the 1930s and continued to gain ground through the 1950s. All of the major manufacturers produced pedestal fans at one time or the other. Pedestal fans solved the same problem that bracket fans tried to eliminate, that being a place to hold the desk fan. One difference is that the Pedestal Fan can be moved to a different location somewhat easily.
The fan featured in this gallery is a 1938c. 12" Emerson Type 77646-AD Vintage Pedestal Fan. This one was fully restored while preserving its original finish. We have several other original pedestal fans available that can be custom restored to your specifications.
Some of the features of the Type 77646-AD Emerson Pedestal Stand Fan include:
- Dimensions- 12" Blade Diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing
- Exclusive Emerson Lubricating System Features Spiraled Oil Grooves in Rotor to Provide Continuous Lubrication of Hardened Motor Shaft.
- 3 Running Speeds
- One Oil Port for Easy Maintenance
- Finger Control Oscillation Mechanism Varies Oscillation from Stationary to 90 Degree Sweep