1901 General Electric Company, U.S.A., 12" Antique Desk Fan
At the turn of the 20th Century, General Electric manufactured one of the most beautiful desk fans to ever grace their lineup. A similar version of this model was first introduced in 1894 and it was continuously modified to the form shown here in 1901. General Electric continued to slightly redesign the aesthetics of the model and by 1903 had added a fully fluted base to the fan that included a new base switch . The fan continued to evolve until around mid year 1908 when it was replaced by the newly introduced twin bearing model.
The fan shown in this gallery is an unrestored original 1901 model that is available in as/is running unrestored condition or with a full restoration preserving the original finish.
Some of the features of the 1901General Electric desk fan are:
- Dimensions- 12" Blade Diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing
- Spring Tension Oil Wick System that Continuously Circulates Oil to the Motor Shaft.
- Solid Brass Blade, Brass Guard, and Brass Trim.
- 2 Speeds
- Beautiful Candlestick Edge Fluted Base Styling
- Available in a Yoke Mount that Allows the Motor to Tilt